The Yale Healthcare and Life Science club is a student-run organization committed to bringing together people and groups in the Yale-New Haven community and beyond with an interest in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. The group seeks to bring educational and career-based opportunities, centering on healthcare, to the school. We encourage you to review our offerings, join us at our events, and contact us with questions or thoughts.
- Healthcare Conference – On April 11th, 2014 the Yale Healthcare and Life Sciences Club will host its tenth annual Healthcare Conference. The conference attracts over 450 professionals, academics, and students a year to engage in an instructive interdisciplinary conversation concerning current healthcare issues and is funded through corporate sponsorship.
- Life Sciences Case Competition – The case competition is a competition in which teams of Yale undergraduate/ graduate/ professional students and post-doctoral fellows work together to solve a marketing-based pharmaceutical case and then present their solution to a panel of academic and industry judges.
- Equity Research Seminar Series - The YHLC Equity Research Club invites equity research and money managing professionals to discuss investment topics on biotech and pharma companies.
- Business of Biotechnology Program – The Business of Biotechnology Program is a series of presentations over four evenings about general business topics and how they relate to biotechnology.
- Healthcare Networking Night – In September, SOM holds an annual healthcare networking night with firms representing the pharmaceutical industry, health insurance, consulting, hospitals, and other health services companies.
- Healthcare Job Trek – The Healthcare Club and CDO sponsor a job trek to the headquarters of a leading healthcare company every fall, past companies include CIGNA and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Health Ecosystem – A multi-disciplinary group that hosts panels of students from the School of Management, School of Public Health, and Law School to discuss the challenging issues facing healthcare.
- Healthcare Panels – A series of healthcare related panels on topics such as healthcare in finance, women in medicine, and biotechnology.
- Networking Events – We host a series of networking events throughout the year in conjunction with the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Society to bring together students from across Yale interested in healthcare.
YHLC in the news
Yale hosts healthcare conference. (By Grace Patuwo, Yale Daily News, April 4, 2011)
Biotech a tough Business. (by Patrick Witt, Yale Daily News, Mar 30, 2010)
Republican Senate long-shot talks economy. (By Christian Eubank, Yale Daily News, Feb 5, 2010)
The YBPS was recently listed as one of the most advanced student-run organizations fostering science entrepreneurship. (By Justin T. Brown and Andrew C. Kant, Journal of Commerical Biotechnology, 2009)
Student Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Club Crosses Disciplines and Creates Networks (By Taber Lightfoot, Yale School of Management Admissions Newsletter, Wednesday, February 28, 2007)